The Superior Housing Authority is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Finance.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package including vacation, sick, personal leave and 11 paid holidays, Health, Life, AD & D insurance, State pension with SHA matching contribution. Salary range $55,000 – $65,000 based on qualifications and experience.
If you would like to be part of our mission to be the area’s premier affordable housing agency of choice, please submit cover letter and resume to, Pam Benson, Executive Director, Superior Housing Authority, 1219 North Eighth Street, Superior, WI or send to PamBenson@superiorhousing.org. Job description is available at www.superiorhousing.org. Deadline is 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 6, 2019. Come join a team of committed, compassionate, and performance driven group of individuals that strive to make a difference in the community. The Superior Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF
TITLE: Director of Finance
SUMMARY: Responsible for oversight of all financial matters related to a governmental operation as well as supervision of finance staff, provide direction, quality control of financial records, property and equipment inventory, budget preparation and monitoring, and direct communication with the Executive Director pertaining to the financial integrity of the organization. The following are consider essential functions for the job:
- Oversees and tests complex accounting functions performed by subordinates.
- Performs, advises and monitors the accounting work involved in the installation, operation, and audits of accounts within the prescribed guidelines and time frames.
- Lead resource person in the preparation of budgets, providing recommendations on projections and agency’s financial stability.
- Responsible for ensuring that all program reports are prepared accurately and submitted timely.
- Provides detailed direction in implementing various procedures and regulations.
- Keeps the Executive Director informed on all aspects of the financial operations, and makes recommendations and troubleshoots relative to department progress.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships.
- Provides team leadership in obtaining a high level of productivity, accuracy, quality control and expertise within the department.
- Supervises and directs the work assignments of the finance staff.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with Superior Housing Authority staff, other agencies, residents and the public.
- Provides expertise and direction in the explanation of regulations, housing procedures and status of financial accounts to appropriate employees and the public.
- Addresses questions and complaints as they arise and resolves in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: The preceding is illustrative of the descriptions of the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Any information acquired through employment at the Superior Housing Authority is to remain confidential.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior computer and keyboarding skills to effectively assemble and track data, compile complex financial reports and various degrees of data input.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, rules, regulations, policies and methods concerning governmental accounting and general acceptable accounting practices and finance.
- Thorough knowledge of computer programs and data processing systems, modern methods and practices and terminology used in financial and statistical record keeping.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality and the ability to implement laws and regulations.
- Strong ability to apply and adapt established methods to a variety of accounting transactions and problems and to analyze trends, causes and effects of fiscal practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to execute accurate mathematical computations, excellent keyboarding skills and various types of electronic recording and information systems used by the department.
- Demonstrated supervise abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prepare, interpret and maintain quality records, files and multiple facets of the finance department.
- Ability to express information and instructions clearly and accurately whether by phone, letter or personal contact.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, perform work in a courteous, professional and diplomatic manner and establish and maintain harmonious working relationships both inside and outside of the agency.
- Ability to discern, discuss and disseminate information.
- Ability to work effectively with people of all social and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work projects, organize and disseminate workload appropriately and effectively manage time.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting; and
- Five years’ work experience in accounting with supervisory experience; or
- Any combination of relevant education and/or work experience as may be acceptable as equivalent by the Executive Director.
- License or Certification: Valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal and do extensive reading.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made, because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such person may not be eligible.