What happens once I am deemed eligible for HCV?
- Your information will be compiled and your income calculated.
- SHA will determine your voucher bedroom size based on the following:The Superior Housing Authority will issue a housing choice voucher for a particular bedroom size – the bedroom size is a factor in determining the family’s level of assistance. The following guidelines will determine each family’s unit size without overcrowding or over-housing:
|Number of Bedrooms
||Number of Persons
- You will be required to attend a briefing appointment. At this appointment, SHA staff will explain the program rules and regulations, issue you a voucher and give you the paperwork the owner needs to complete.
- You will then search for a unit on the private market that is within your max amount using the payment standards. This calculation will be explained at the briefing.
- Once you find a unit, you and the Owner will complete the paperwork that was given to you at the briefing.
- Return the paperwork to SHA and staff will determine if the unit is affordable and whether or not the rent is reasonable.
- SHA will then schedule the unit for an inspection.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!